Benefits of Language Immersion
Language education that starts early and involves children in daily communication and content learning provides children the opportunity to develop a second language as naturally as they learned their first language.
Learning a second language prepares students to communicate with more people and to compete in a global economy, where proficiency in more than one language represents a significant advantage.
– Learn increased problem solving
– Utilize right and left hemispheres of the brain
– Develop enhanced cognitive skills
– Learn increased cultural sensitivity
– Acquire a second language
– Become globally competitive
In 2018, our 3rd and 4th graders scored significantly higher when compared to other 3rd and 4th graders across the state and across the district on the AZ Merit Math state assessment.
The state of Utah has a nationally recognized immersion program. The video below talks about their program and discusses more of the benefits associated with immersion programs in general.